The affairs of the Craft are
managed by the Master Court who work to the following
- To provide support to members of
the Incorporation, their dependents and surviving widows, partners,
sons and daughters of deceased members who are in need of
- To provide support to craftsmen
coopers, ex-coopers and their dependents where need is clearly
- To encourage the continuation of
the trade of cooperage in Scotland, particularly through links with
- To provide prizes, educational
assistance and support through the Earl of Wessex Awards to those
engaged in the trade of cooperage and related industries.
- To develop and strengthen links
with coopers' institutions in Scotland and with the Worshipful
Company of Coopers in London.
- To maintain the traditions of the
trade of cooperage through the retention of artefcts and historic
written or similar material.
- To support the wider objectives of
the Trades House of Glasgow.
- To make gifts to charities,
particularly those related to projects in Glasgow.
- To develop youth and educational
strategies for young people in Glasgow, particularly through
schools, youth organisations and uniformed groups.