he Trades House of Glasgow
was created at the time of reform of Glasgow's local government in
1605. At that time the electorate was essentially divided into two
groups, the Merchants and the Craftsmen. The Craft
Incorporations was under the leadership of the Deacon Convener, who
was given a council. This included the Craft leaders and is the
body we now recognise as The Trades House.
The Trades House still meets in the Trades Hall in
Glassford Street, which, apart from the medieval cathedral, is the
oldest building in Glasgow still used for its original
Today we are a charity, supporting those in need throughout the
West of Scotland by using the skills and commitment of our Craft
bodies alongside new partnerships continually being created.
To read the Trades House of Glasgow Privacy notice please